Riding a crowded train in Japan is an experience not to be missed. Still, there are rules and unwritten rules that should be adhered to, otherwise the system would implode.
- Wait in line patiently because trains are rarely late.
- Don't eat unless you have enough for the other 5,000 passengers.
- Don't use your mobile. (While rarely does anyone talk on the phone on the train, everyone is staring at their Smartphone or tablet.)
- Don't put on makeup. Never understood why anyone would even try to do this on a moving train.
- Don't take up more room than a very thin Japanese person.